How to join
If your country is not already represented by a GEM National Team, and you believe you can form a team to conduct GEM research, we would like to hear from you.
Please contact our recruitment team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Required to Form a National Team?
GEM teams are based at academic/research institutions. The applying institution should have a strong record of supporting and teaching entrepreneurship, through courses, training, housing start-up centres etc. Joint venture teams, consisting of more than one institution are also welcome to apply. Non- academic institutions may form part of such a group, but a high caliber research institution is essential for the team’s application to be accepted.
GEM teams are composed of academics committed to high-level research. The following should be present in any prospective team:
- Academic research background
- Project management
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of SPSS statistical software
- Data analysis skills
- Report writing experience
GEM teams are responsible for funding their own activities. Each year, these activities include:
- APS data collection - contracting a qualified vendor to survey a minimum of 2,000 individuals
- NES data collection – selecting and surveying 36 national experts
- GEM Coordination Fee – an annual fee paid to GERA of GBP 7,500
- Production of a National Report - cost varies by length, design, and color
- Attendance of at least one team member at the GEM Annual Meeting
To consider your application, the GERA Board will need to see evidence of funding and institutional support, as well as CV’s of team members.