Entrepreneurs form the glue that holds societies together and connects them across time and place. They play an important role in “connecting minds and creating the future”, which is in line with the theme of Expo 2020 Dubai. In these turbulent times, entrepreneurs come with solutions to many of the challenges and complexities created by the ongoing global pandemic. Entrepreneurship provides opportunities amid disruption!
What will GEM be doing at Expo 2020 Dubai?
Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) is a consortium of national country teams associated with top academic institutions. GEM is launching its prestigious 2021/2022 Global Report and the UAE National Report at Expo 2020 at the Dubai Exhibition Center (DEC) on invitation by the UAE Ministry of Economy. Also sponsoring the event are the Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development, Babson College, Cartier’s Women’s Initiative and the School of Management Fribourg. These launches will be followed by important thematic events.
When are the events?
- 10th February, 10:00 AM: GEM 2021/22 Global Report Launch: Opportunity Amid Disruption
- 10th February, 2:00 PM: GEM Women’s Entrepreneurship - Thriving Through Crisis
- 10th February, 4:00 PM: GEM Impact of Entrepreneurship on the Sustainable Development Goals
- 11th February, 10:00 AM: GEM General Annual Meeting
- H.E. Dr. Ahmad Belhoul Al Falasi, Minister of State for Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- H.E. Dr. Zaki Nusseibeh, Cultural Adviser to the President of the UAE and Chancellor of UAEU
- H.E. Mohamed Al Shorafa, Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Dept of Economic Development (ADDED)
- Dr. Aileen Ionescu-Somers, Executive Director, Global Entrepreneurship Monitor
Register at the following link.